Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Travelling to my Borana home

I’m in the last phases of packing to go to my home and meet my team in Dilla and then Yabello. The first couple days here in Addis Ababa were rough dealing with being back (I swear the potholes in the streets got bigger while I was gone). It has been fun to connect with missionary friend her, and now I am so excited to go down and see my teammates and my home. I hear good news that we have had good rains in the Borana area and so I am looking forward to a green yard and seeing people full of hope.

 

My helper, Amber came in last week uneventfully. We had some issues with her visa and so her orientation to Ethiopia was visiting immigration to get a longer visa so that we don’t have to cut our time in Borana short. We were able to get a new visa, but it meant about 3 hours in lines and visiting something like 7 different rooms. What a first day. She is doing well and even braved the world outside the compound gates to retrieve the visa yesterday. I look forward to her being with me for these 6 weeks.

 

I am now the owner of 2 dogs, my African dog, Gegeessa and I just got my German Shepherd, Mi’aa Dha back yesterday. She was causing a little trouble at her old home with the neighbors and so I hope that she does ok with me for the next few months.  I was so excited to see her and after she got in my Landcruiser I felt like a little kid at Christmas with a really cool new toy. She will be travelling with me the next couple days.

 

Thanks for praying for a safe and smooth journey!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment