Sunday, September 19, 2021

Family Addition

We are a few weeks late, but allow us to introduce to you the newest member of our family!

 Her name is Calli. She is a very loving chocolate lab. She is about 5 years old. She loves to play fetch and find the coolest places in the yard to lay. Even when it means digging big holes under the car!

Abby is in love. She chases after Calli anytime they are outside together. She feeds Calli and sits with her, watching her eat every bite. She brushes Calli off before bringing her in for the night. She shouts "Calli Calli" at least 300 times each day. 

Abby even told us that having Calli makes her feel more like she is in America. We are so glad this gives her a deeper level of comfort away from the comforts of her American home.

As I have observed Calli and Abby playing together, a spiritual concept has struck me. Calli is pretty good at obeying when Denise and I ask her to sit, come, and stay. But Calli has no regard whatsoever when Abby gives a command. So it makes me wonder who am I plugged into in life, and how do I know who to obey? Do I listen to God when He directs me each day? When He wants to spend time with me? Do I instead put my focus on people that do not love me as much as the One calling to me throughout the day? 
May we remember every day the One who calls to us, and may we make it a priority to stop, listen and fellowship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment