Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Meanwhile...back at Yabello

Meanwhile…back in Yabello this morning the dogs chased the goat & sheep round and round while Denise and Baharnish chased the dogs round and round. In the end all was well and the goat only had a couple scratches. The lamb’s defenses of laying flat on her belly worked well.  Yesterday was the first trip into town with the new guests and an obnoxious boy welcomed Meghan by hitting her with a rock in her back (that was a first). Thankfully she wasn’t hurt, but it did scare her. We decided to walk out of town for the rest of our walk. My life has gotten a little more exciting after a couple weeks of focusing on paperwork in the city.

 

Meghan & Jensen arrived safely last week and didn’t get their luggage until 2 days later. So they have had quite the introduction to Ethiopia, but they are doing well and pitching in with everything from paperwork to working under my house to clean out the pipes. I am trying to avoid the fact that I have to pack everything up in the next month. I will hopefully be able to give away some of my vet things on Friday. The next week will be busy with travel setting up for the evaluation, so I am enjoying my time at home this week.

 

Yesterday, I sent someone to go get 160 Borana Bibles from Negelle for the Borana people. I am so excited about this. It seems that I have been trying to get a way to get a good number of Bibles for over a year, and many have been asking for them. Pray that they arrive safely tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment