Sunday, January 10, 2010

UPDATE

I’m in the midst of paperwork work this week which means no fun monkey stories. The best part of writing up all of my research is seeing how much I have learned and accomplished over the past two years. So far I am on page 11 and I feel like I’m still in the boring parts and haven’t gotten to the good parts or added any cool pictures. Thankfully I have quite a bit of things already written down, but it is still more work than I thought that it would be. It feels like I am in school again except that I can’t stay up all night to finish anything because my mind seems to just stop before midnight.

 

Also this week I will be discussing with SIM the evaluation with the government for my research project that must be completed in February. It involves getting 9 different people (besides myself, my worker and my short-termers) from 4 different offices at the same place at the same time to show what I’ve been doing for the past two years. Getting this accomplished in Ethiopia is nothing short of a miracle. The last missionary who had a project in Borana didn’t even get to do his because not all of the people agreed to come. Doing the evaluation, however, is an important way to end well—so I hope to be able to show them “the works” of the Borana work as it also testifies to what God is doing in the area.

 

My new short-termers Jensen & Meghan come on Wednesday evening. I’m looking forward to their arrival and started making lists of specific things that they can do to help me.

 

Pray for a decision I need to make concerning my future: CVM and I are currently discussing my role starting June/July of this year.

 

My next update will hopefully have me going back to Yabello with my short-termers. I hope to leave for my Yabello home on or by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment