Friday, October 29, 2010

Haiti vet training day 5

Photo 1: Yesterday’s 1st surgery pup and I.

Photo 2: Lenor and Michelete doing surgery. Garmy doing anesthesia. My surgery trainees. (Who knew coaching surgery could be so tiring!)

Photo 3: Surgery pup 1 in the left front. Surgery pup 2 on the leash with my guys and our translator, Nathan.

Photo 4: Examining today’s sick pup.

Photo 5: Giving fluids to the pup.

 

Today was the last day of the training. It went different than  planned, but went well. There were 3 dogs slated for surgery, but it ended up that 2 out of 3 were too sick to do surgery on. So instead of surgical cases they became medical cases. The trainees still gave the exams, fluids, and medicines and got to learn that sometimes animals aren’t good candidates for surgery. We finished early and gave out the certificates. Everyone seemed quite happy with what they had learned. They certainly grew in their skills. It was neat to see that happen before my eyes.

 

Tonight I am staying at Keith and Jan’s house. I have a beautiful bedroom with a balcony and a “princess” bed (mosquito net covered bed.) It has been a tiring week, but well worth my time here. I am looking forward to spending the next few days with Kelly & Keith & Jan and seeing more of their lives here. Crystal will leave tomorrow, and the CVM team here gets another short-termer, Pat on Saturday. I look forward to meeting him after helping get him set to come from the office.

 

Pray for those Crystal as she travels home tomorrow and for me as I try to help out and encourage here.

No comments:

Post a Comment