Monday, July 9, 2012

Recovery -- Take 2

Today is Day 5 post-surgery! Recovery has been much slower this time, but each day I have improved with less pain. I am able to walk a little further & stay out of bed a little longer each day. I feel like I am recovering at tortoise-pace, but as long as I keep heading towards the finish line of healing I am ok with that! I've had less pain from the surgery site this time, but more pain have lingered in my right leg. It is the little pains in my leg that make me fearful of another relapse, and keep me more cautious. I've had to remember verses not be afraid & to trust in God such as 
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)


It has been absolutely great to have my sister-in-law Tia with me for the past 4 days! We get to go on walks 3-4 times a day and she helps with everything from making sure I get fed and cleaning my house to just being a friend and hanging out together.

The highlight so far during my recovery has been my walk down to the park today. It is a several block walk and I have been slowly working up to it. Today was a beautiful day and I enjoyed getting to see the flowers in the lily pads and the ducks who were finding their lunches.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me by providing meals (& all other odds & ends), sending me encouraging notes, especially praying for me! Keep the prayers (& help) coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment